Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Falling into a Hamper


I have a college senior who’s preparing for grad school. This particular very bright child (who will remain nameless) said, “When I finish grad school, I can’t take any more classes.”

Me: Uh, yeah, that’s sort of the point. You teach.

Child: But I want to take more classes.

Me: Why?

Child: Because I want to learn more.

Me: I believe you can sit in/take classes at the university where you teach.

Child: Really?! Could I get another degree?

Me: I suppose.

Apparently, this child wants to be an eternal student, which I sort of understand—we should all want to learn more and more, to the point of becoming autodidacts.

Of course, this is also the child who (just last night) sat on an open hamper, fell in, and had to be rescued—so maybe a course in common sense would help.


BTW, if you’d like to see the cover of my new novel, visit here.


7 comments:

  1. Sounds my mom! And my sister, and my husband, for that matter. My mom suspects that she's becoming a professor just so she can take her colleagues' classes for free, and my sister keeps thinking up new degrees she can get - I think she's up to three, plus an RDH license, right now.

    Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The professional student. Never quite understood that, maybe I've just been learning in other ways. Cover looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like my sister too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with someone taking class after class. We'll never learn it all, but it sure is a challenge to learn as much as we can.

    Your new cover is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thx again

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once had to be rescued from hanging onto a window sill. (my feet were two inches off the ground). So yeah, you're daughter is in trouble because I went through 25 total years of school and training.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha I also like learning a lot, but I oddly discovered that the one place in my life where I learnt the least was at university. ;-)

    ReplyDelete