All the family has been sick with cold after cold. So, we decided to run the vaporizer and added an inhalant oil to help open up swollen sinuses. However, our black lab Jill got in the bedroom and decided to lap up the mineral oil--maybe she thought it was water. At any rate, after her first lap, she began to gag and choke. But the taste wouldn't go away. So, she let her tongue hang out of her mouth until it evaporated. Needless to say, she's been more careful about drinking any standing liquid.