It’s still way too hot to feel like summer is almost over. But autumn is on the way. I’ve seen a few leaves starting to turn color so it can’t be long.
Here are my favorite things about fall.
1. How the afternoon light turns pink from all the colored leaves. It’s like wearing rose colored glasses.
2. Life is back to a schedule. As much as I love the freedom of summer, it’s good to be back in a routine.
3. The weeds in my flower beds will soon be dead. (Of course, Round-up helped too.)
4. My sequel to Screwing Up Time will be out this fall!
5. Big bushes of chrysanthemums
6. Apple pie, mashes potatoes, gravy, and turkey
7. The crunch of fallen leaves under my shoes
8. The nip in the air that makes cheeks and noses pink
9. Taking wool sweaters out of the cedar chest and nestling in the scent
10. Hot spiced apple cider that’s mulled all day in the crockpot.
I love Summer and Fall. Fall is absolutely gorgeous while it's starting to get cooled down a bit. I also love eating Pumpkin seeds when it hits October..those are yummy.ReplyDelete
There are so many fall fans, and I can see why. It's beautiful (in most places that have actual seasons)! And I do love many of the things you've listed, including spiced apple cider! Yum. Still, I'm sad to see summer go.ReplyDelete
Lovely picture by the way!
I love fall--can't wait for the cooler weather and that delicious leafy smell :) That, and eating all the pumpkin things!ReplyDelete
Don't forget the start of football season! And big pots of soup simmering on the stove.ReplyDelete
I can't wait for fall! I've never looked forward to fall more.ReplyDelete
Congrats on your coming sequel!
How could I forget the soup? My favorites are potato and leek, New England calm chowder, and black bean.
Autumn is my favorite season--I love your list of things!ReplyDelete
When I saw the autumn picture, I almost changed it. Not yet! I do love autumn, but I miss the extra time with my kids and I miss being off from work. But your list is lovely. I agree!ReplyDelete