My friend Scarlett at Scarlett's Tattoo tagged me yesterday. Here are my questions and answers. (And watch out, I'll be tagging on Friday.) BTW, she regularly posts Barefoot Cook columns, so check out her recipes. Today's is Spicy Sausage Croissant.
1. If your life were a book, what would it be titled?
The Completely Surprising Adventures of a Woman who had her Whole Life Planned Out and then Everything Changed.
2. Tell us a favorite childhood memory.
My mom bought me a stuffed donkey when I was very sick. I loved it so much it lost all its fur.
3. Is there a time limit on fortune cookie predictions?
Um, I don’t like fortune cookies. But if they made fortune chocolate chip cookies, it would be a different story.
4. Name three lessons LIFE has taught you.
1. A baby boy always pees as soon as you take off his diaper.
2. The sewage pipes stop working when you have houseguests.
3. You can say bad words as long as they’re in a poem. (I went to a strict Baptist high school and wrote a poem with a cuss word in it. The other students were appalled. But my teacher said, “The poem is perfect. The cuss word stays.” And people wonder why I write...)
5. Oceans or Mountains, and why?
Oceans. They’re peaceful, and I love playing in the waves. Plus, salt water is good for the skin. And there's always the chance that you'll see a shark. Of course, that undermines the peaceful part.
6. What makes you smile?
Besides my husband and kids, PG Wodehouse makes me laugh. You have to love someone who says,
“The voice of Love seemed to call to me, but it was a wrong number.”
“I'm not absolutely certain of the facts, but I rather fancy it's Shakespeare who says that it's always
just when a fellow is feeling particularly braced with things in general that Fate sneaks up behind
him with the bit of lead piping.”
“I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.”
7. What would you dare to do if you knew you could not fail?
Publish a book. But I did that even though I knew I could “fail.” But being brave is doing something in spite of your fears. Though that could be insanity too.
8. Do you believe in ghosts? What about Muppets?
Nope. I don’t believe in ghosts. But I do believe in Muppets. I loved Gonzo.
9. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I have good teeth. I didn’t need braces, and I’m not prone to cavities.
10. Given three wishes, what would you wish?
I’m by nature a perfectionist, so this is a hard one.
1. A house that cleaned itself.
2. Clothes that ironed themselves. Of course, that would mean I wouldn’t get my “ironing treat,” which is streaming a movie on Netflix. Can I change that wish?
3. The annihilation of all mosquitoes. I don’t think they add anything to the balance of the ecosystem.
11. What is the one thing you could not live without?
Indoor plumbing. Seriously. I can cope with just about anything as long as I take a hot bath. This is the problem with camping. That and the mosquitoes.
Hahahaha I completely agree with you about the mosquitoes. They suck.ReplyDelete
A house that cleaned itself would be amazing.ReplyDelete
LOL, I love your answers! Totally agree with you on indoor plumbing and mosquitoes! I love fantasy and a lot of historical time periods, but I could not DEAL with the lack of indoor plumbing.ReplyDelete
Btw, I love that you organize your bookshelves by time period! You have a lot of historical stuff then! I have way too many books. So many of my classics had to be boxed. I need another case so I can put more books up!
Connie! I love that you loved the fur off your donkey. I loved the red fur coat off my Santa, and the hair(with the help of my mom's scissors) off my favorite doll. (I thought it would grow back.) Still have them both. Still love them, just not in my bed anymore. *wink*ReplyDelete
I also love these tags. You have a Merry Heart indeed, to still be smiling with so many *plumbing* issues! Like John Lennon said, "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."
Love your spirit!
Thanks for playing!
Great answers, and you're absolutely right about baby boys peeing as soon as you remove their diapers. Love those Wodehouse quotes, especially. I'll have to do some research on that dude. Also, I finished your book earlier this week. Although it's been a long time since anyone could call me YA, I really enjoyed it. Great job! (I hope lots of people are buying it!)ReplyDelete
Chocolate Chip Fortune Cookies?? You better run out and get that idea patented right now! Loved your answers to Scarlett's questions. Especially, the lessons LIFE has taught you. I'm partial to cuss words, too (in poems or otherwise!). :)ReplyDelete
I loved all your answers, right from #1 on!!! That "gruntled" made me grin. What is gruntled, anyway and how come we only know about the disgruntled part? And here here on indoor plumbing and the annihilation of all mosquitoes.ReplyDelete