Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award



Thanks to Alice who gave me the Versatile Blogger Award. I think I may have gotten this before. But it's a fun award, so I'm going to do it again. Here are seven random facts about myself. Of course, I’ve been blogging for a long time—this is post number 626 for me—so there aren’t many random (interesting) facts that you don’t already know. But here’s what I could come up with.

1. I wash my feet before I go to bed. My feet must be clean before they can touch the sheets.

2. I can’t stand the sound of cracking knuckles. Three of my four children do this. I think they do it to torture me.

3. I started out as a bio major in college with thoughts of going to med school. Bad idea. I reverse numbers. So I switched to English and saved myself a malpractice lawsuit—“Take 52 ml of this drug. Oh no, wait! I meant 25 ml.”

4. I am face-blind. (I have several posts on this.) The other day I saw one of my son’s close friends, whom I’ve known for six years. He often comes over to our house once a week. But on this afternoon, his hair was wet and I didn’t recognize him until he spoke. And even then, I stared at him on and off all afternoon, thinking “Is that Duncan?” And he’d speak again and I’d think, “Right. That is Duncan.” But I still wasn’t sure. In the car on the way home, I said to my son, “That was Duncan, right?” My son rolled his eyes. “Mom, you’re insane.” But it’s okay. I’m a writer, and we only have a nodding acquaintance with reality.

5. I am an avid runner, even though I hate running. Why do I run? I think I’m addicted to endorphins.

6. I know I’m addicted to dark chocolate.

7. I love to quote literature at my children. “Beware the Jabberwock, my son…and shun the frumtious Bandersnatch.” Maybe this is why they are majoring in the maths and sciences.

Now I need to pass this award along. Here are my nominees (hopefully, you haven't had the award before).

1. Anne


3. KO


5. Patti

6. Katie


9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! We have so much in common. I've never heard of the term "face blind" but I deal with that all the time and thought it was just me. I have the most horrible time remembering faces. It's caused me a lot of embarrassment. *cringe*
    Also, I hate cracking knuckles, am addicted to chocolate, and like my feet clean before going to bed too.
    Very cool list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...You tagged me! LOL I didn't realize and just clicked the name Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your comment about quoting Lewis Carroll at your kids and how they went on to study math and science. Priceless. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the award, and your facts were awesome, especially the feet thing and I totally hate the knuckle cracking thing. My oldest does just to annoy me - I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Connie! I have no idea if we've gotten this one before (maybe?), but we'll take it again! Always good for Friday posts. :) Now, to think of more random things...

    The face-blindness thing is still so fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't sleep unless I brush my teeth. No matter how tired I am, I will get up to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the award!

    I don't like knuckle cracking, either. I used to do it, but then stopped and now whenever I hear it I cringe. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award and congrats to the recipients!

    I still find your face blindness so fascinating. I love how you compensate by noticing all these other details, like voices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the other re face blindness. It is fascinating. Have you used it in any books yet? You should. Thank you SO much Connie for the award. I have done it before, but I'll have to dig out that old one and re-post. :)

    ReplyDelete