I have been threatened with unspeakable horrors if I do not post a Friday Five today. So without further ado:
What are your five favorite prime numbers?
Just kidding, though I’m partial to 3, 7, and 13.
The real Friday Five: Who are your five favorite sidekicks?
1. Sam Gamgee (Frodo would have been totally dead without Sam.)
2. Riley (FYI, the most awesome character in Nat’l Treasure. He got all the good lines.)
3. Dr. Stephen Maturin (Lucky Jack’s sidekick. He’s an Irish doctor/spy who plays the cello!)
4. Dr. Watson (especially the Dr. Watson in Robert Downey Jr.’s Sherlock Holmes)
5. Hermione (Okay, she’s not Harry’s sidekick. But I had to include a woman. And I’d totally be her sidekick.)
Who are your favorite sidekicks?
Hmmm, my favorite sidekicks are:ReplyDelete
1. Sam Gamgee (of course)
2. Matthew (he's been my sidekick for years, he deserve to be mentioned)
3. Dr. Watson
4. Gratiano (he's Bassanio's sidekick in Merchant of Venice)
5. Emerson (he's Peabody's sidekick, right?)
Just in case Emerson doesn't qualify
6. Butler (Artemis Fowl's sidekick)
This is a hard one Connie since I am terrible with remembering names.ReplyDelete
1. Alex's girlfriend in the Last Starfighter
2. Matthew Broderick's girlfriend in War Games
3. The boyfriend in A Walk to Remember
4. Catherine Bell in JAG
5. Dominick in Airwolf
Hope you have an awesome weekend.
1. Gonff definetly (Mossflower)ReplyDelete
3. Would be the LGMs... (it sort of works)
4. Grover from Percy Jackson and the olympians
5. My sidekick Luke (a little delusional but good all the same)
1. Wilson (House)ReplyDelete
2. Ron (Harry Potter)
3. Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)
4. Owen (Gargoyles)
5. Sakka (The Last Airbender... the TV show, not movie)
Ack! I like Dr. Watson...but the book version!
1:Dr. Watson (from. the. book.:)
2: Riley (one of my favs)
3: Max (from the Great Race...worst side-kick...ever.)
4: Little John! From the disney Robin Hood. So awesome! "Sssolid Gowld Hubcaps!"
I almost put Robin there. From batman. Especially after seeing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0UJaprpxrk
I totally love Twitchy and Emerson.ReplyDelete
(Twitchy is from the movie Hoodwinked. Emerson is from the Amelia Peabody book series. If you're unfamiliar with these, you must, must experience them.)
Definitely Riley and Watson! Okay, Sam Gamgee is unsurpassable, so that uses up 3!ReplyDelete
4.I can't think of his name, but the guy w/ Matt McConahey on
5. Goose on Top Gun--I cry every time.
This is hard! M husband, my kids, my extended family (but not all ;) Chocolate cake, and candy bars. Whew. I'm hungry now. =)ReplyDelete
I can't remember names well enough for this. But I also loved Riley in National Treasure.ReplyDelete
How about the snotty kid in "Rundown"?
Goldbloom's character in "Independence Day" was great.
Was Salieri a sidekick in "Amadeus"?
(Yeah. "The Legend of Zelda and the Ocarina of Time." I didn't actually find her as annoying as most people have portrayed her.)
(Shakespeare's "Merchant of Venice." He was truly a spectacular sidekick.)
(J.K Rowling's "Harry Potter." If anybody is Harry's Sidekick, it's Ron!! Duh!!)
2:: Matt and Luke
(They don't realize that they are actually my slaves.)
1:: Sam Gamgee
(J.R.R Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings." Nuff' Said.)
Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley are so on my sidekick list! I'm right there with you!!!ReplyDelete
I think this is fantastic five friday!!! What a great idea!
I'm following from over at Elana's blog. I suppose you can see I'm putting the post to good use... finding a new buddy to follow :) Feel free to stop by my blog for more tips on the crazy blog trifecta!