We are still waiting for our roof to be fixed. Grumble, grumble. But they’ve promised to be at our house at 7am tomorrow morning.
In the meantime, I’m counting my blessings. One of them is teaching Sunday school to two and three year olds. Here’s why they are the best age group.
1. Love. Sometimes a little one will come up to me and bump my leg, when I kneel down, they will give me a heartfelt hug.
2. Honesty. When they are upset at me, they will tell me. Or stick out their tongue. That’s okay because sometimes I want to stick out my tongue at them too. And the rest of the time…hugs.
3. Information. I always know when someone is pregnant—“My mommy gets sick a lot.” Or even better, “The combination of our safe is **,*,**, and there’s money in it.”
4. Absolute joy. “Miss Connie, I go pee-pee on the potty!!”
5. Great press. They think I’m wonderful. Older siblings will say with a sad face, “You were never my teacher.” Parents say, “My child was angry at me this week and said that he was going to go live with Miss Connie.” What can I say…they really love me…or maybe it’s the cool Winnie the Pooh cookies I give them. Hmm.