Friday, March 18, 2011

Humpty-Dumpty

Yesterday was the major project day of spring break. After some cups of coffee, Luke and I started sanding the bathroom. Of course, we had the wrong grit of sandpaper—too fine. When I thought my arm would fall off, I found some courser sandpaper in the basement. Everything went well. Until I could no longer stand on a stool on top of the counter.
I wanted to sand the ceiling above the bathtub. Luke was sanding there, but it was the worst area so I decided to help. I put a barstool in the tub and then put a smaller stool on top of the barstool. Luke said, “I don’t think that’s a good idea.” The walls of the tub are sloped and the barstool rocked a bit. I said, “It’ll be fine.” And it was. Until it wasn’t. And then, I fell. Into the bathtub. And my arm bumped the faucet handles on the way down. So when I landed, cold water streamed out of the shower head on top of me.
Thankfully, Luke waited until I said, “I’m okay” before he started laughing. So I picked myself up, wrung out the edges of my shorts and tee-shirt, adjusted my goggles, and sanded the window frame. I let Luke finish the ceiling since he’s 6’1” and only needs to stand on a barstool to reach it.

Here are some photos.



8 comments:

  1. Yikes! Glad you didn't have to be put back together again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That so sounds like something I would do. I'm glad you didn't get hurt!

    I'm having a contest at my blog if you'd like to check it out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And let me guess; some random guys from the king and a coupleof horses tried to put you back together, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The king's men were totally stumped, so they called in the calvary, so to speak. Horses have a very extensive knowledge of anatomy. "sniff sniff. I smell fear in your amygdala!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be Jacob and Matthew, Andrew; except you wouldn't want them to put you back together. They'd argue the entire time about what went where, and you'd be put together incorrectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of stories your mother tells about when you were one. You used a series of pots and pans to build a stairway to the top of the refrigerator where you sat eating cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, thats awful nice of him to wait on laughing at you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow. (is it okay that I kind of laughed at the water part?)

    We crammed some yard work in this afternoon before a rainstorm hit, soooo satisfying.

    Thanks for stopping by my guest post - that's so wonderful that your daughter's works are your soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete