Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's Beginning to Smell Like Christmas!

 Today was the beginning of Christmas.  Yeah, I know that it's two days from Thanksgiving, but Christmas begins when I make fruitcake.  Before you groan, this is not your mother's fruitcake.  This is no dry doorstop.  This is a gourmet fruitcake that bathes in brandy for the next four weeks.

Here's the cake after it came out of the oven just before it had its drenching of holiday spirits.

Four weeks is a long time to wait....

7 comments:

  1. Hey Sweet Thang, where is the recipe????

    odie@qualityofficeequipmentinc.com

    Please

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about mincemeat. No one but me likes mincemeat, but it sure smells like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just waiting for me to bite. I can wait. I hope there's some left for me when we arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can't be a bad thing to get a buzz off a piece of cake.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother updates his computer's desktop wallpaper everyday, which updates a countdown to Christmas. Only 31 days left!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yu...um...hm. I'll have to try some of your fabulous fruitcake sometime!

    Mincemeat, I like a lot:) Never have had authentic fruit cake before, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks way good. And I love your apron! You look like Betty Crocker (I mean that as a compliment; I don't know what she looks like :-) ).

    ReplyDelete