When you go on vacation, you assume certain things will happen. You’ll relax, have fun, bask in the sun, etc. But then, vacations have ways of surprising you that you didn’t plan for. Here’s what I didn’t plan for, in the style of David Letterman.
10. Giving my husband wrong directions twice in the same trip.
9. Passing a sign that says “Tank Crossing” on the way to the beach.
8. Drinking perfect Turkish coffee in Jacksonville, North Carolina
7. Listening to eleven teenagers sing the rap songs from Hoodwinked.
6. Finding out where you missed applying sunscreen. Don’t ask.
5. Seeing my husband curled up with the latest Artemis Fowl novel. (Very cool.)
4. Discovering that I actually like chick peas.
3. Finding out from a knowledgeable source that our friend speaks Arabic with a “sexy Palestinian accent.” Let the teasing begin.
2. Hearing my daughter scream when a two year old boy tries to hand her a live palmetto bug, aka cockroach.
1. Barely avoiding a blow dart in my derriere. A real blow dart—a four inch long thin metal spike that flew through the air.