Monday, June 1, 2009

Wild Ride

This morning I had Luke call the University of Tennessee, Chattanooga, (UTC) to find out where Chatta State was supposed to send Luke and Ariel’s Calc 1 and Calc 2 grades. These have to get transferred ASAP because L and A have freshman orientation/registration next week.

Luke took the phone and UTC undergraduate catalog. After 20 minutes, he came to find me.

“Uh, Mom, some person said I needed to send the transcripts to the Bursar’s office.”

“Bursar’s Office?!” I said (okay, I screeched). “Absolutely wrong!” (In case you don’t know, the Bursar’s Office is where the scholarships, financial aid, etc., is organized and dispensed.)

“Yeah,” Luke agreed, “it sounded strange to me too.”

He made more phone calls and found me again. “Hey, Mom, I penetrated the bureaucracy. Everything gets sent to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.” He smiled happily. Too happily.

“Great, Luke,” I said and shook my head. Clearly, he has forgotten that these people lost both Luke’s and Ariel’s SAT and ACT scores as well as their original high school transcripts. We ended up having to hand deliver all these documents to Undergraduate Admissions because they couldn't keep track of the paperwork.

Luke and Ariel may be in for a big surprise next week when they try to register and discover that their transcripts have been lost in the black hole of institutional government administration. It could be a wild ride.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... This does not bode well. And it doesn't help that you totally jinxed the entire event by posting about it on your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke's confidence is your first tip-off that something is about to go wrong? That sounds like a case of chronic bad luck to me.

    ReplyDelete