Today, is the beginning of the holidays (at least for me). Here’s why:
- I only have three Christmas presents left to buy. (Thank you, Amazon and son with Amazon Prime’s free two day shipping).
- My husband starts a two week vacation. This morning he cooked bacon and eggs. (He’s also going to do a watercolor of a photo we took while we were in Paris. In case you don’t know, Cal is a gifted watercolorist. When he’s finished, I’ll post a photo.)
- My kids will be coming home. (Ariel has her last final is tonight. Of course, she’s got grading to do—she’s grad student. But she’ll be home sometime this week. Luke finished his grad school finals, but he's doing his lab research. His one week break starts Friday.)
- My youngest has deigned to play Scrabble with me! (I love Scrabble and no one except my daughter will play with me.)
- Visitors. Today, dear friends are coming to visit. We’ll have fourteen people in our house. Air mattresses will line the floors, but it will be a blast!
- And I finished the edit of book three of the Screwing Up Time series!
|Here's a photo of our Christmas tree. Of course, this is before it feel over. It looks about the same now, just fewer ornaments, which is a good thing. :)|