I’m just getting over a bad cold. I spent yesterday evening going over edits with my husband as his second set of eyes (He’s been asked to write material for a website and heard back from his editor.) I’ve also been editing the first draft of the sequel to Screwing Up Time. And I’m up to my neck in winter clothes that need to be washed. So instead of writing a long post, I thought I’d do a list of books on creative writing. Please feel free to add your favorites—I love reading new books and discovering new ways of looking at the process.
Here are my favorites:
1. On Writing by Stephen King
2. Self-Editing for Fiction Writers by Browne and King
3. How to Write a Damn Good Novel 2 by James N. Frey
4. Pen on Fire by Barbara DeMarco-Barrett
5. The Art of War for Writers by James Scott Bell
Two more notes of interest.
A big shout of “Congratulations!” to Lydia Kang on the sale of her novel The Fountain to Kathy Dawson at Dial/Penguin.
If you didn’t see it yesterday, check out the Internet Book Fair.