|This a picture of a rhinovirus, one of the viruses that causes the common cold. |
Courtesy of Wikimeida.
This Wednesday, Cal and I are heading to the High Museum in Atlanta on Wednesday to see the Girl with the Pearl Earring. I’ve also got the movie The Girl with the Pearl Earring on my Netflix list, I’ve been told we must see it. It’s supposed to come today.
Here’s the problem. We also have a nasty autumn cold in the house. And the last thing I want is the cold. If I get it after Wednesday, fine. But NOT before Wednesday because the exhibition is almost over.
So this is my plan.
1. Lysol wipe surfaces while sick child (Jake) is at the university for classes.
2. Wash couch cover that is no doubt a virus cesspool—I probably shouldn’t be sitting here while I blog.
3. Use lots of hand sanitizer. I bought a massive bottle at WalMart.
4. And I’m taking vitamin C. I don’t really believe it will prevent a cold, but Cal does, so I’m hoping in the placebo-effect-by-proxy.
5. And, of course, Matt is spraying Lysol like a fumigant.
6. And pray that no one else gets sick.
If all goes well, I’ll post High Museum photos on Friday. Even if I get a post-High-Museum cold.