It’s still way too hot to feel like summer is almost over. But autumn is on the way. I’ve seen a few leaves starting to turn color so it can’t be long.
Here are my favorite things about fall.
1. How the afternoon light turns pink from all the colored leaves. It’s like wearing rose colored glasses.
2. Life is back to a schedule. As much as I love the freedom of summer, it’s good to be back in a routine.
3. The weeds in my flower beds will soon be dead. (Of course, Round-up helped too.)
4. My sequel to Screwing Up Time will be out this fall!
5. Big bushes of chrysanthemums
6. Apple pie, mashes potatoes, gravy, and turkey
7. The crunch of fallen leaves under my shoes
8. The nip in the air that makes cheeks and noses pink
9. Taking wool sweaters out of the cedar chest and nestling in the scent
10. Hot spiced apple cider that’s mulled all day in the crockpot.