I was thinking the other day about these wonderful excuses I’d once read about why someone’s homework was late. They were all written in Latin. One was, my goat ate my homework. Another, the Gauls stole my homework. My favorite, Hannibal’s elephants trampled it. I could share these with you in Latin, but I’d have to translate them myself and I’m tired. Sorry. Anyway, today’s Friday Five is your favorite missing homework excuses.
1. The Yankees were on last night. (Sorry. I had to get that it. They’ve won their first two playoff games. Woot!)
2. I got caught in a dimensional rift. (Or, I was preparing for the zombie apocalypse.)
3. I spilled soda on it. Luke actually turned in soda-soaked homework to a prof last semester. He apologized. She said not to worry. She once turned in homework that her cat peed on. Okay, then...
4. I was too busy saving the universe. My kids always use this when I tell them it’s time to get off the computer. “But mom I’m saving the universe from the Empire/Klingons/Mordor/Turks/Byzantines/Imperial Remnant/Disciples of Ragnos.”
5. All time most abused excuse. My dog ate my homework. This actually happened to Jacob. One morning we found our dog Jill contentedly munching through Jacob’s math homework.
What are your favorite excuses?