Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Filly Power

In case you’ve been in a cave somewhere and haven’t heard the results of the Preakness Stakes (part two of the Triple Crown), a filly won. Yep, that means a girl horse, Rachel Alexandra, took on the big boys and won. I know, I know, if the race had been much longer, Mine That Bird would have beaten her. But he didn’t. Even though I really want to see a Triple Crown winner and even though Mine That Bird might have been able to do it, I just HAD to root for the babe. You go, girl!

5 comments:

  1. Go Fillies! fillys, whatever...

    'furmorious' or frumptious'I can't remember...
    My favorite part is when "As in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, came rippling through the tulgy wood, and burbled as he came.'

    Grace Duke

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really like the Jabberwock, don't you? It is kinda funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting. Horse Races. Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Empowerment to female horses! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete