Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Hospital Holidays

My Christmas plans were a bit unusual this week. Instead of baking and cooking, I hung out with my daughter in the cardiac wing of the hospital. She had cardiothoracic surgery on December 22 and was in the hospital through December 28.

But we had fun. One dear friend brought a Christmas tree. Other friends brought cookies. And our church brought a box of wrapped presents.



One of the gifts was five minute origami. Ariel and I made dragonflies. Though mine looks more like a grasshopper. (I may have bribed people to say mine looked better than hers--mine is the green one.)


 

Another friend came and played card games.



We're hoping to go home (staying at her apartment until the final chest tube is removed) and have a belated Christmas dinner and open presents on New Year's Day.

N.B. Doesn't she look great for someone who's had her chest cut open and broken? Yep, I know my kids are going to be taking care of me when I'm old, so I only post the good photos. :)

2 comments:

  1. Nope, that sure isn't the way anyone wants to spend the Christmas holidays, but seeing your daughter sitting up in the hospital bed with that big smile on her face has to have been the best Christmas gift ever. Happy New Year to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your daughter looks great! I wish you both and happy and healthy new year.

    ReplyDelete