Thanks to Alice who gave me the Versatile Blogger Award. I think I may have gotten this before. But it's a fun award, so I'm going to do it again. Here are seven random facts about myself. Of course, I’ve been blogging for a long time—this is post number 626 for me—so there aren’t many random (interesting) facts that you don’t already know. But here’s what I could come up with.
1. I wash my feet before I go to bed. My feet must be clean before they can touch the sheets.
2. I can’t stand the sound of cracking knuckles. Three of my four children do this. I think they do it to torture me.
3. I started out as a bio major in college with thoughts of going to med school. Bad idea. I reverse numbers. So I switched to English and saved myself a malpractice lawsuit—“Take 52 ml of this drug. Oh no, wait! I meant 25 ml.”
4. I am face-blind. (I have several posts on this.) The other day I saw one of my son’s close friends, whom I’ve known for six years. He often comes over to our house once a week. But on this afternoon, his hair was wet and I didn’t recognize him until he spoke. And even then, I stared at him on and off all afternoon, thinking “Is that Duncan?” And he’d speak again and I’d think, “Right. That is Duncan.” But I still wasn’t sure. In the car on the way home, I said to my son, “That was Duncan, right?” My son rolled his eyes. “Mom, you’re insane.” But it’s okay. I’m a writer, and we only have a nodding acquaintance with reality.
5. I am an avid runner, even though I hate running. Why do I run? I think I’m addicted to endorphins.
6. I know I’m addicted to dark chocolate.
7. I love to quote literature at my children. “Beware the Jabberwock, my son…and shun the frumtious Bandersnatch.” Maybe this is why they are majoring in the maths and sciences.
Now I need to pass this award along. Here are my nominees (hopefully, you haven't had the award before).
2. E. Louise