1. Preakness. What can I say? Animal Kingdom came so close. But I understand. He’d never gotten dirt in his face before. What would you do if someone tossed dirt in your face and asked you to run full out for a mile and a quarter? I’d pull up and wipe my face first. Wouldn’t you?
2. Harold Camping. He needs to spend some time reading his Bible. “No one knows the day or the hour.”
3. Free Writers’ Conference. The conference was held in the same building that FEMA was using (they are still around helping with the tornado devastation). Kind of strange. Kind of prescient. One of the sessions was bad. Really bad. But the other two were great. I learned about press releases and publicity. Another was about e publishing and POD (print on demand).
4. Luke. He’s working this summer as an O Chem lab TA. The other day, his prof also hired him to clean, organize, restock the chem. Labs. Apparently, Luke’s meticulous and organized. Hmm. His room tells another story.
5. Washing Machine. The fixers guys came and couldn’t find anything wrong. And those puddles of water...? They decided to tighten everything. Oh, right. Okay. After they left, I ran a load of laundry. When I turned on the machine it send me a message. “TCL” I assumed it was an error message, and I looked it up in the manual. No such message exists. In fact, the machine only does two letter messages. Then it hit me. It was a message from the imp. “TCL” meant—“Total control, loser.” The imp was mocking me. Sort of a neener message. Sigh.