After much hassling, spread out over many months, I'm finally giving in. This Friday Five is dedicated to favorite video/Wii/PS3/etc. games.
Here are my five.
1. Mario Cart. I love Yoshi. My favorite race course is the Coconut Mall. I abhor with a passion Rainbow Road because I always fall into oblivion. Of course, if I had time to practice (like my kids do) I might not be burned to death as I approach the atmosphere.
2. Excite Truck. What can I say, I love driving fast, drifting, and loud music. Is it any wonder that my kids say, "We're late. Let Mom drive."
3. Asteroids. It's been years, but I loved throwing my spaceship into a spin and pounding out a constant barrage of missle fire.
4. Zoo Tycoon. It's also been years since I played this game. It appeals to my non-violent side. Although Ariel's favorite part of the game was opening the animals cages and letting lions maul the guests and kill the other animals.
5. Slot five is a tie between Pong and Tetris. Yes, my family had the original version of Pong. It was cool, techno-hip at the time. Besides I learned how to put a little English on the ball--it made the game a bit wacky. Tetris was also the perfect mental break--five minutes away from crying babies. All of my babies (except Jacob, whom we called Joy-Boy) were colicky and Tetris was sanity-saving.
So, what are your favorite video games?
P. S. Happy 18th Birthday to Ariel!! You can vote now!!