Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Five

After much hassling, spread out over many months, I'm finally giving in. This Friday Five is dedicated to favorite video/Wii/PS3/etc. games.

Here are my five.

1. Mario Cart. I love Yoshi. My favorite race course is the Coconut Mall. I abhor with a passion Rainbow Road because I always fall into oblivion. Of course, if I had time to practice (like my kids do) I might not be burned to death as I approach the atmosphere.

2. Excite Truck. What can I say, I love driving fast, drifting, and loud music. Is it any wonder that my kids say, "We're late. Let Mom drive."

3. Asteroids. It's been years, but I loved throwing my spaceship into a spin and pounding out a constant barrage of missle fire.

4. Zoo Tycoon. It's also been years since I played this game. It appeals to my non-violent side. Although Ariel's favorite part of the game was opening the animals cages and letting lions maul the guests and kill the other animals.

5. Slot five is a tie between Pong and Tetris. Yes, my family had the original version of Pong. It was cool, techno-hip at the time. Besides I learned how to put a little English on the ball--it made the game a bit wacky. Tetris was also the perfect mental break--five minutes away from crying babies. All of my babies (except Jacob, whom we called Joy-Boy) were colicky and Tetris was sanity-saving.

So, what are your favorite video games?

P. S. Happy 18th Birthday to Ariel!! You can vote now!!

5 comments:

  1. AHHH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARIEL!!!!!

    Now you are so old. But I am right there behind ya'...

    I'm not a video game person, but here goes...

    1: Age of Empires: I loved making my own scenario and instead of humans, using herds of wolves. And the Island setting is fun.

    2: The Wii games: Especially shooting range:)

    3: Death In Sakharra: The. Most. Awesome. Online. Game. Ever! You have to solve a mystery with puzzles and clues in 1914 Egypt. It's creepy too!

    4: uh...

    5: hmm....

    I guess it is just a Friday Three for me:)

    Grace Duke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. . .
    1. Battle for Middle Earth II: if you haven't seen a huge troll get sucked up by a summoned tornado then you don't know what cool is.
    2. Mario Kart: yes, it is spelled with a "K".
    3. Republic Commando: There's something I like about blowing space aliens and battle droids to smithereens.
    4. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Videogame: I love brewing potions, guess it's my chemist side.
    5. A tie between Age of Empires II and The Return of the King Videogame.
    Those are my fevorites, Grace, you should get Josh to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay!! Here are my Friday Five!! It actually took me a while to figure out my favorites... (And.. uh.. Pardon my exquisite tastes in gaming.)

    (1) Cave Story: It's awesome. It's independent. It's free. What more do you want?
    (2) The Legend of Zelda: I'm talking about the old classical adventure on the NES. Long Live Link!!
    (3) Spelunky: Hours of untold frustration while exploring charming and randomized caves.
    (4) Harvest Moon: I haven't played it in several years, but it's about raising a small plot of land into a thriving farm.
    (5) Lugaru: What do you think of when you think about "Ninja Bunny Combat?" I think of Lugaru.

    I'm guessing this list will constantly change over time. Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1: Republic Commando (awesome game)

    2: The Legend of Zelda and the Twilight Princess (The best Legend of Zelda yet)

    3: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (It has a lot of replay Value {and toying with sith is especially fun})

    4: Lugaru (Sneaking up on evil bunnys and backstabing them talk about epic)

    5: The Battle for Middle Earth II...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blogs, Connie. I identify with your games...I don't even understand the names of the "kids'" games! I do love playing Mario Karts when we're at Jeff's. I crash and burn, but I do it really fast!

    We still have Pong and Atari 2600, but they aren't hooked up. Hmmm...maybe that's what I'll do for the rest of the day :>)

    And Happy Birthday to Ariel from your Great Aunt or Aunt Once/Twice/Thrice...whatever...Removed.

    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete