We’ve done music, books, and movies. Today, we’re doing board games. (Thanks for the suggestion, Andrew.) What are your five favorite board games?
Here are mine:
1. Louis the Fourteenth. (I’m not sure I’ve ever won this one. But I love the intrigue, influence peddling, etc.)
2. Settlers of Catan. (I like this one a lot because I almost always win. However, this is not so much a testament to my game playing as it is the fact that when we play the kids mostly ignore me and I can win “through the backdoor.”)
3. Battleships. (I don’t win at this one either. My kids say I’m too predictable. But I like the game a lot.)
4. Bang! (More a card game than a board game. But I love the Italian-flavored spaghetti western theme and that the life points are restored by beer.)
5. Scrabble. (Is there anything more fun than this old classic? Nope. Don’t covet, but I have an especially cool rotating board with raised edges around each letter opening.)
Those are my favorites. What are yours?