Here are the highlights of my holidays.
1. Watching a two year old tie a long knitted scarf around our dog’s neck and then take the dog for a walk. Both the dog and the little girl thought they were very cool. (I wish I had a photo of this.)
2. Celebrating my birthday with a dear friend who also has a late December birthday. And the restaurant we went to…let’s just say that the bathrooms weren’t clearly marked. Enough said.
3. My husband beginning a watercolor painting from a photograph I took in Paris.
4. Getting a food processor for Christmas. This probably means the quality of the meals I serve should improve. Hmm.
5. Having our Christmas tree fall over. Four times.